Costa Rica is known for its lush tropical forests, retirement options and eco-tourism, but it also has a thriving surfing industry on both sides of the country. Costa Rica has the beauty of warm weather year-round and two oceans in which to play. Here is […]
One of the basics of using a gps while backpacking, hiking, or while on the water sea kayaking or ocean kayaking, is learning how to use the MARK function. Using the MARK function correctly will help you avoid gps navigation errors that can render […]
If you’re a web designer, chances are you’ll want the ability to check on your work on the go. The great thing is there are a ton of handy apps for your blackberry that will allow you to do this, or at least simplify the process. Here are six of the best blackberry apps for web designers, which will help you with everything from designing, to uploading files to managing your projects.
This is a basic photo sharing application which includes FTP and Wi-Fi connections with which to use your photos. This software has an unobtrusive ad placed at the top of the screen and is simple to use. It can connect to a lot of FTP servers but this connection is not a secure FTP. The app is free. You may find some legit web hosting Canada reviews to know more about the app.
This free version of the MobileFiles Pro application allows connection to the Apple MobileMe account. This enables you to access the files stored on you MobileMe account for your iPhone. With this app you can read the files on the iPhone when you are not connected to the MobileMe account as well.
This is an application which enables you to compare the colors in a scheme by enabling the addition of them to your palette and reviewing. This app will automatically convert the colors in hex, RGB or even CoreGraphics formatting. With this app you are only able to input colors through RGB therefore knowing the RGB numbers is vital. The sliders can be unresponsive on occasion causing trouble with the setting of color values. This can be frustrating. This app for the iPhone is free.
This free version to the paid application Palettes allows the creation of a color scheme through the use of a color wheel, sliders, photos or color codes. The app can then suggest a color scheme based on the complementary colors available on the color wheel. This app can also blend colors to create another palette.
You are able to connect with Color Lovers online and browse the palettes that they have created. Here you can import the ones that you like and adjust them to suit you with the mixing and blending tools. This app is free with some limitations included such as the ability to save only 3 palettes and each palette can only contain 5 colors. There are a few other limitations as well.
Easy TimeSheet Lite
This app is the free version to Easy TimeSheet. Here you can keep track of the time spent on a project and this will encompass the rate charged per hour and any information on the project. With this lite version of the app you cannot email the time cards but only keep track of one project at a time.
Stream TimeThis is an iPhone time tracker that has interconnectivity with the Streamtime time server. This is ideal for companies that utilize the Streamtime server or which are interested in the server. The cost of the use of the Streamtime server can however be restrictive for small businesses. This app is free.
Lulu DK Matouk Bedding is the kind of luxury bedding most people dream about retiring on at the end of a day. In fact the beautiful bedding is in fact a dream come true. The new oppulent line of luxury linen was created as […]
If you’re reading this, you probably know someone serving in the military – maybe a loved one who is deployed overseas or who is just stationed on the opposite side of the country from you. Regardless, if you are looking for a way to still send them a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift, look no further. Here are the three steps for creating the perfect Valentine’s care package.
1) Get a flat-rate box from your local post office and decorate it. There are different sizes available, but a large flat-rate box is $12.95, and you will most likely save money sending the package this way. As far as decorations go, find some pretty pink and red paper or heart stickers and cut out some pictures of you and your loved one. Put these along the inside walls of your package. It’s like making the box for your “Valentine’s card” in a way. You can write on it or add pictures and love quotes. Imagine the smile on your soldier’s face when he or she opens the package and finds it decorated.
2) Put together a list of what you want to send your Marine, soldier or loved one of any military branch. Depending on where they are, their needs will be different. My fiancé is currently deployed to Afghanistan but before that, he was a teacher at Teddy Kids Kinderdagverblijf, so the top of my list always includes baby wipes, new boxer briefs, new white tube socks and new shirts, followed by any other necessities or snacks that he may want. For Valentine’s Day, some things you may want to include on this list could be: candy hearts, stuffed animals, a sweet card, chocolate candy, fake flowers, picture frames and anything that is sentimental to you and your loved one.
3) Go shopping and buy the things on your list. When picking items out, keep in mind items that are rectangle or square or have flat edges and sides are easier for packing and will allow you to fit more than odd-shaped items. When you are packing your box, make sure to use the space as efficiently as possible by stacking items of similar sizes and squeezing small items in wherever possible. Remember that if you can fit it, you can ship it all for the flat rate.
After you follow these steps, simply tape up your box, add the appropriate address, fill out your customs forms if necessary and send!! You have just created the perfect Valentine’s Day care package, and your soldier is going to be thrilled!
The JBL On Stage iPod docking station is quite compact yet has an incredible sound. I have been extremely pleased with this product. There are three specific features that I like about this particular iPod docking system: great quality sound, very portable for travel […]
I’ve been in telesales for about 14 years now, and for the most part, I have made a decent living at it. In this article, I will cover some basic strategies that will help you to be a better telemarketer. I will not be covering any business to business (B2B) telesales strategies, but if your job is to sell goods or services to individuals at home, this article can help.
Becoming a telemarketer can provide you with a decent income. Many companies do not require previous experience and provide paid training. You may think that you need to be a natural salesman to make a living as a telemarketer, but this is usually not the case. There are a few strategies that you can implement that will help you be a better telemarketer regardless of your past experience.
1. Ask for a person by their first name. If you’re calling for John Doe, don’t say, “Hello is Mr. Doe available”. This automatically brings up a red flag. Jot down nortes adn be more organized in telemarketing. I suggest you use Toad Diaries for personal and work use.
2. To be a better telemarketer, assume that the person who answers the phone is the person you are trying to contact. Don’t ask if the person is home; assume that this is the person you’re looking for. I don’t care who answers the phone, you say “Hello (persons name)”. If you’re calling for John Doe and a lady answers the phone, you say, “Hello John”. If it’s not John who answers, 9 times out of 10, they will say, “hold on I’ll get him for you” or “he won’t be in till whenever o’clock”. By doing this you usually get past the, “who is this?” stage of the conversation that can waste time and give the person a chance to lie about whether John is actually home or not. This alone can help you be a better telemarketer, because it will increase the amount of contacts you get in a given day.
3. Answer a question with a question. If you want to be a better telemarketer, then you need to keep control of the conversation. If you’re selling widgets, and a person asks you a question about the product, you briefly answer their question and follow with a question of your own. If they ask “how long has your widget company been in business?” you could say something like, “We’ve been in business for 10 years now and we’re also accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Where exactly are you purchasing your widgets from now?” Once they’ve answered, you briefly acknowledge their response and go back into your sales pitch. Now you’re back in the driver seat without being forceful or inconsiderate.
4. Once you’ve requested something from a potential customer, the next person to speak loses. This is very important if you want to be a better telemarketer. Let me give you an example: You’ve just asked the customer if they have the $149.95 available in their checking account today. Once you’ve made this request, shut your mouth and wait for an answer. This may seem like a given, but many telemarketers will start rattling off at the mouth if the customer doesn’t give them an answer right away. After a few seconds of silence, if the customer has still not answered your question, you simply restate the question and shut up again. If you want to be a better telemarketer, you always need to remember that the first person to speak after you’ve made a request loses the battle.
So, we’ve learned that if you want to be a better telemarketer, you must; ask for a person by their first name, assume that the person answering the phone is the person you’re calling for, answer questions with a question of your own, and the first person to speak after you’ve made a request loses. If you implement these tips, you’re sure to see an increase in your paycheck.